Saturday, December 24, 2016

Letter to those who have had suicidal thoughts


I'm proud of you.  We're proud of you.  You feel weak, but in fact you are brave and incredibly strong. It feels like weakness when you struggle even to breathe, but the fact that you are still fighting shows your strength.  I know it is so so hard.  Sometimes it is too hard, but you're still here and so are we.
And to all of you who have left us this year: we ache for you, for what you went through. We miss you and we won't forget you.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Justine. I am glad that you resisted the strong urge to take your on life. Every 17 seconds in the world a person commits suicide. Let us pray for those who are thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be clear, I haven't personally struggled with suicidal thoughts, though I have come close. I wrote this because I personally know people who have had suicidal thoughts, and friends of friends have died by suicide this past year.

      Delete
  2. I'm proud of you, Justine! I've prayed for you and I know you're my Sister in Christ. I care about you! Praise God for making you. You are loved and blessed. He made you for a purpose and as long as you stay her, you will have that purpose to fulfill. I love you. Our Father God is an awesome God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here,not 'her'. Also, this is Beverly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly! I've been praying for you too! I care about you and I am so glad you're here. Isn't it great that we can meet and communicate through the internet? And yes, our God is an awesome God!
      Love Justine

      Delete